It all started in 1989 as a kayak freestyle competition and that makes the event one of the oldest of its type. It has developed from this first meeting between friends in the Hurley Village car park into one of the most significant freestyle watersports events in the world.
The spirit of things at Hurley has always been about serious competition running alongside activity that encourages people of all ages into freestyle water sport. If you’re just starting out, pretty established, returning from a break or are on a National Team, this is your event. We have loads going on so you can have fun, learn new stuff, compete and socialise. You’ll meet World Champions, internationals, locals and loads of people that share your energy.
The SAS Hurley Classic 2016 will take place on the weekend of Saturday 19th and 20th November 2016.
Most of the activities at the event can only be entered by completing our online registration and payment. We do not accept entrants on the day unless there are exceptional circumstances. This is because the schedule at the event is packed and there is no time for this. For some parts of the event we also have limited entry so please make sure you get registered ASAP.
Online entry will open at 08:00 on the 1st November 2016 and will close again at 09:00 on the 8th November 2016. There will no late entries or entries on the day. If you are under 18 you will need to get your parent or guardian to complete a parental consent form. Once you have entered your details you will need to complete a bank transfer to make payment. Bookings are not confirmed until full payment is received.
We will be on site all weekend with our pop up shop so please come by and say hello, we’re also once again sponsoring the Boater X , CASH prize’s for the winners 🙂
Saturday 19th November
- 0800 – 1230 Meet the Stars Younguns Freestyle
- 0800 – 1600 World Rolling Championships Prelims
- 1230 – 1400 Boater X Prelims
- 1400 – 1500 Open Wave session / Demos/ Coaching
- 1500 – 1545 Boater X Quarter Finals
- 1545 – 1645 Open Wave session / Demos/ Coaching
- 1645 – 1730 Boater X Semi Finals
- 1730 – 1830 Team Freestyle
- 1830 – 1900 Boater X Finals
- 1900 – 2000 Superstar Showcase Flood Lit Final
- 2015 – 2230 Banquet including TVF Awards
Sunday 20th November
- 0800 – 1600 SAS Hurley Classic Freestyle and Inter services Championships
- 0800 – 1600 World Rolling Championships Prelims and Finals
- 1000 – 1100 SUP X Round the Cans Bray Lake League
- 1100 – 1600 SUP X Racing.
- 1630 – 1800 SAS Hurley Classic Freestyle Super Final
- 1815 – Prize giving and close
- Stands and demos from Jackson, Palm/Dagger, Werner, Kokatat, Pyranha, Red, Starboard, Wavesport, AT, Gui Gui
- Ear plug fitting from Surf Plugs
- Clothing sales from Dewerstone
- Hot and cold food and drinks from Sweet Pea Catering
- Palm Comp
- Wavesport Comp
- WWTCC Shop and Comp
- Erg Challenge
- Live viewing from the Marquee
Powered by Facebook Comments